It's a New Day

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I'm baaaaaack!!!!


Sorry that I have been gone for a while.  Life has brought an abundance of wonderful my way in the last few months.  Even though it has been great, one requires a period of adjustment when in transition.
So, where do I start?  The biggest change, I AM DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL!!  Woo Hoo!  Yes, after 25 months, I graduate this Saturday with my Master of Science in Organization Development (MSOD) Degree.

Next, I HAVE A JOB!! After 19 months of being unemployed, I work at a great organization that offers skills-based pro bono consulting services to nonprofit organizations.  Check it out: Taproot Foundation.  (Shameless plug: If you have skills in the areas of IT, Design, Strategy Management, Leadership Development, HR, or Marketing, consider becoming one of our pro bono consultants)

Celebrate Good Times!
Did I say school was the biggest change?  My mistake.  After 7 years of living in limbo, my permanent residency in the US finally came through!  Phew!  Still processing this one, and don't get me started on the often inefficient and very slow immigration process here (woosah!)

A lot has gone on in the world and my thoughts and prayers are with families, who have lost loved ones.  I am filled with joy to know that faith in humanity is not lost.  Somewhere or the other, we have Samaritans like Charles Ramsey  among us.  Heroes that would risk their lives to save strangers.  Thank you, Mr. Ramsey!


Stay tuned for more.  In the meantime, no matter what you do, make it matter!  love+live.life!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

lola.love+live.life All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger