50th Anniversary of March on Washington

Sunday, September 8, 2013


On the eve of my birthday,  I have spent quite some time reflecting on where I have come from and where I am headed.  Flipping through pictures on my Nikon D5200,  I realized how great an honor it was to be the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington.  Talk about a powerful event!  I even got to meet Kid President!!!!

Thank you to all the nameless activists and other individuals, who fought for Civil and Equal Rights.  They dedicated (sometimes, gave) their lives to a cause, so that millions of people who look like me can be free today in the USA.  We have opportunities to doors that would have remained closed.  That being said, the work is not done!  




 



 




The King Family



0 comments:

Post a Comment

lola.love+live.life All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger